Holly Ann McCabe
MFA - Boston Low Residency - Massachusetts College of Art and Design, Boston, Massachusetts; 2014-2016
MA - Painting - State University of New York at New Paltz, New Paltz, New York; 2004-2005
NYS Teacher Certification in Art Education, K-12 - State University of New York at New Paltz, New Paltz, New York; 2000-2001
BFA - Studio Art - School of the Art Institute of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois; 1999-2000
BA - Art History, Studio Art - Gettysburg College, Gettysburg, Pennsylvania; 1995-1999
2016 - "Hanging by a Thread," Mildred I. Washington Art Gallery, Dutchess Community College; Poughkeepsie, New York
2014 - "Self Image," The Art Riot; Kingston, New York
2012-2013 - "Steampunk Pastel Drawings by Holly McCabe," Foggy Cogs Computer Solutions; New Paltz, New York
2007 - "Buffy and Friends," Rosendale Cafe; Rosendale, New York
2006 - "The Self, Revisited," Artemis Boutique; Kingston, New York
2005 - "MA Graduate Exhibition, Holly McCabe," Purple Lounge, SUNY New Paltz; New Paltz, New York
2016 - Visual Arts Faculty Show, Mildred I. Washington Art Gallery, Dutchess Community College; Poughkeepsie, New York
2016 - Sculpture Show, Art Society of Kingston; Kingston, New York
2015 - Group show at Hifi Bar in New York City, New York
2015 - "Dissolving and Emerging," featuring four local artists - Bacchus; New Paltz, New York
2013-present - "Clotheorie" Clothing Designs on sale at Surviving Sisters Boutique; Hyde Park, New York
2013 - "Clotheorie" Clothing Designs featured at the "Nautical" Art & Fashion Show, Cornell Street Studios; Kingston, New York
2011-2013 - "Clotheorie" Clothing Designs on sale at The Art Riot; Kingston, New York
2012 - "Clotheorie" Designs and illustrations featured at "Passion for Fashion" Art & Fashion Show, Cornell Street Studios; Kingston, New York
2008-2013 - Various Group Exhibitions, Cornell Street Studios; Kingston, New York
2007 - Various Group Exhibitions, Varga Gallery; Woodstock, New York
2007 - 75th Anniversary Alumni Exhibition, Schmucker Art Gallery; Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
2004 - "Summer '04 SUNY New Paltz Painters," Honors Center; New Paltz, New York
2000 - "BFA Undergraduate Exhibition," Gallery 2; Chicago, Illinois
1999 - "Senior Show 1999," Gettysburg College Art Gallery; Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
2013-present - Assistant Professor, Full Time VIsual Arts Faculty, Dutchess Community College; Poughkeepsie, NY
• Currently teaching a five (5) course load. Experience includes at least one or more semesters of: Two-Dimensional Design (Foundation Level), Art Seminar (Foundation Level), Drawing I (Observational Drawing), Drawing II (Figure Drawing), Graphic Design I (Design w/Digital Images), Graphic Design II (Typography), Graphic Design III (Design/Illustration), Foundations of Animation, Web Design, and Fashion Illustration & Design (originated and designed by me as new addition to the DCC visual arts curriculum).
• Taking on a college-wide service learning initiative, and coordinating Graphic Design classes to work cooperatively with the Dutchess County SPCA, Rebuilding Together Dutchess County, Mill Street Loft, and other community organizations, rebranding and redesigning promotional and educational materials (logos, presentations, coloring books, brochures, posters, flyers, and social media blurbs).
• Have mentored 1-2 independent study students per semester (topics taught include graphic novel design, web design, fashion/character design, and menswear fashion illustration)
• Committee participation includes: Professional Development, Educational Environment, Academic Calendar, and Website Redesign Presentation.
• Instructional methods include lecture, powerpoint and online slideshare presentations, hands-on demonstrations, individual and group critique, as well as project-based studio work.
2002-2013 - Art Teacher, Kingston High School; Kingston, NY
• Co-Advisor for Kingston High School Television (KHS-TV), a student-run, live broadcast television studio that produces a daily morning show, as well as after school, summer, and community programming.
• (2011-2012) Taught Media & Communications, a project-based learning course in a team teaching situation. Collaborative work with teachers and students to develop critical thinking, problem solving and communication skills, while developing lasting relationships in the Kingston community. Final project was a multimedia (video, brochure, and Google Sketchup) presentation centered around the idea of preservation. Student work was put on display at the Friends of Historic Kingston.
• Taught Studio in Art / Studio in Media Arts (NYS mandate), Computer Imagery, Advertising Design, and Fashion Illustration, educating students in the use of various art media techniques and technologies (Adobe CS5 Suite).
• Taught specific areas of art and art history using Visions Classroom Software, screen, slide, lecture, and discussion methods.
• (2003) Night School Art Instructor (Studio in art, NYS mandate).
2001-2002 - Studio
Art Instructor, Ivy League Day Camp; Smithtown, NY
• Taught age groups from K-8 in various projects and exploration of experimental art mediums, and managed the set design for two major theatrical productions.
2000 - Slide Filer, MacLean Visual Resource Center, Ryerson Library; Chicago, IL
1999 - Slide Assistant (copywork), Gettysburg College Art Department
1999 - Photography Lab Assistant, Gettysburg College Art Department
1997-1998 - Costume / Poster Designer, Gettysburg College Theatre Department
1996-1997 - Gallery Assistant, Gettysburg College Art Department
• Skilled using both traditional and digital media for drawing and design.
• Graphics programs include Adobe Photoshop CC, Adobe Illustrator CC, Adobe Animate CC, Adobe Dreamweaver CC, Adobe Premiere CC, Adobe InDesign CC, Google SketchUp 8, ArtRage 3.5, Gimp 2, Inkscape, and Brackets.
• Proficient in using both Microsoft Windows and MacOS software platforms.
• Received Lincoln Center Institute Aesthetic Education Training and subsequent lesson plan implementation techniques.
To download a printable *.pdf of this document, click here.